When booking your family portraits, it is important to consider location.
Personalisation: The location of a family portrait session can add a unique and personalised touch to your images You can choose a type of location that has special significance to your family, such as a favourite park, beach, or historic site.
Scenery: The backdrop of a photo can make all the difference in creating a beautiful image. Choosing a scenic location can create stunning and eye-catching images that you will treasure for years to come. Have a think about the style of your home – would it suit a more coast beach style of image or would a park or bushland suit more your home decor?
Comfort: Picking a type of location where you feel comfortable can help you feel relaxed and be yourselves during the session. For example, if your family loves spending time at the beach, taking pictures on the sand and in the water will help you and your kids feel more at ease and make for more natural looking images.
Memories: A family portrait session can be a fun and memorable experience for everyone involved. Picking a location that is meaningful can add to the memories created during the session.
Variety: Choosing a location with different backdrops and scenery can provide clients with a variety of images to choose from across multiple images. This can be especially helpful if you wish to create a photo album or storyboard of your family portraits.Also a wonderful why to create variety across multiple sessions as your children grow.
Overall, considering location for family portraits can add a personal touch, create stunning images, help create a clients comfortable space, and add to the memories, during your family portrait session.
- The beach provides beautiful natural light that is perfect for a portrait session. You can book your session during golden hour, which is the hour just after sunrise or just before sunset when the light is soft and golden.
- The beauty of the beach scenery can add depth and interest to your family portraits. The sand, sea, and sky provide an endless backdrop that can create an element of visual interest.
- Being at the beach can put everyone in a relaxed and easy-going mood, which can translate into more natural and genuine family portraits.
- The beach offers many activities that can make for fun and unique family portraits. From building sandcastles, swimming in the ocean or simply walking on the beach can all create moments that can be captured in a family portrait.
- Being here on the coast, the beach holds a special place in many people’s lives and memories. Taking family portraits at the beach can be a way to create new memories and add to the value of the images.
- A field provides a natural backdrop full of vibrant colors, textures, and features such as flowers, trees, and grasses, which can add visual interest to the portrait.
- Fields offer ample space to move around and have fun, which makes it easier for families of all sizes to relax and be themselves. Also plenty of room for kids to run off some steam should then need to!
- An open field setting generally has plenty of natural sunlight, which can result in soft, flattering lighting that enhances the overall look and feel of your images.
- Stepping away a suburban environment can create a peaceful and calming atmosphere, allowing you relax and enjoy the experience.
- Fields provide versatile backdrops and offer different perspectives depending on the season, time of day, or weather condition, giving you more options for unique and creative images
Your Own Home
- Your home is a familiar and comfortable environment for you and your family members. This can lead to more natural and relaxed authentic images and overall experience.
- You can personalise their portraits by showcasing your unique home, moments, or garden. This can add an additional meaningful element your portraits.
- Your home is a convenient location for families with young children, elderly family members, or pets. There’s no need to travel to a new place, which can be stressful for some.
- You may prefer to keep your family portraits private and not share them with the world. Having your session at home can provide more privacy compared to some public locations.
portrait locations portrait locations portrait locations portrait locations portrait locations portrait locations portrait locations portrait locations